UNBEATEN super-middleweight contenders Osleys Iglesias and Kevin Lele Sadjo have been given until Friday to confirm their interest in an IBF final eliminator.
The winner of their potential matchup will see the emergence of a mandatory challenger for William Scull, who is gearing up for an undisputed clash with pound-for-pound star Canelo Alvarez.
Their showdown will take place on May 3 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, with Canelo, 62-2-2 (39 KOs) – a sizable favourite – looking to seize Scull’s IBF world title.
In the meantime, an intriguing matchup between Iglesias and Sadjo looks likely to take shape, though the IBF is still yet to order their final eliminator.
The sanctioning body told Boxing News that the pair have just two more days to either accept or decline its request, before their fight is officially ordered.
Iglesias, however, appears to have already said yes, with his promoter, Camille Estephan of Eye of the Tiger, confirming their eagerness on social media.
The 27-year-old comes off a fifth-round stoppage victory over previously undefeated contender Petro Ivanov, further cementing his reputation as a prolific knockout artist.
Sadjo, meanwhile, was supposed to square off in an IBF final eliminator against Christian Mbilli, who has since been ordered by the WBC to face Diego Pacheco.
But while the top contenders at 168lbs all remain ravenous for their first world title shot, it seems that the belts could be locked up for a short while longer.
Should he dethrone Scull, 23-0 (9 KOs), Canelo is then set to defend his reclaimed undisputed crown against four-division titlist Terence Crawford in September, leaving the likes of Iglesias and Sadjo waiting in the wings.