A LOVE Island star has announced he's running to be a councillor for Reform UK at the local elections in May.
Ollie Williams, 29, who appeared on the show's sixth season in 2020, has said he will be running for a seat on Cornwall Council under Nigel Farage's party.



The former star made the announcement in a post on Instagram on Saturday, saying freedom of speech had been "eroded for far too long".
He said: "I am proud to announce I will be running in May’s local elections for the Reform Party in Lostwithiel and Lanreath.
"Our freedom of speech and society has been eroded for far too long and it’s time to act.
"I am not prepared to standby and hope someone else sorts it out while I watch it all burn - so I’m taking my first baby steps into politics."
Ollie added: "If you’ve followed me thus far I hope you’ll trust my judgement, when I say I believe this to be the best course of action for the protection of your free way of life."
"If you support Reform and our beliefs then please make sure you get down to the polls or apply for a postal or proxy vote and….vote for Reform UK."
He is aiming to win a seat in the rural region of Lostwithiel and Lanreath at the local election, set to be held on May 1 this year.
All 87 of Cornwall Council's seats are being contested later this year, and Ollie will go up against the incumbent Liberal Democrat representative, Colin Martin.
He also unveiled his campaign poster in which he describes himself as a "countryside steward and farmer" who will "focus on community led projects".
The reality TV star, who also said the "mission to fix broken Britain starts local", is pictured sitting and smiling on a muddy track wearing a pair of wellies.
Ollie famously left the Love Island villa in 2020 after less than three days on the show.
He quit after admitting he had realised he still had feelings for someone else while "coupled up" with fellow contestant Paige Turley, who later went on to win the show with Finn Tapp that year.
Ollie had also been criticised after images emerged showing him posing with dead animals he killed.
Ofcom received 231 complaints after the pictures began being spotted online, and a petition to remove him from the show was signed by more than 38,000 people at the time the news of his departure was confirmed.
Reform UK has been approached for comment.


