COMEDIAN Jon Richardson is being 'lined up for Strictly Come Dancing' after he was announced as joining Waterloo Road, say insiders.
The funnyman pranked fans earlier this week when he announced his retirement from comedy to go into teaching - shortly before revealing that his new teaching job was on the BBC school drama.



But the public announcement and Jon’s high profile since his marriage split from ex-wife Lucy Beaumont has industry sources convinced he is being lined up for a spot on the dancefloor.
A source said: “Jon would be a dream signing for Strictly.
“He’s a huge name, he’s starring in one of the BBC’s biggest dramas and he’s unlikely to cause any major headaches curse-wise because he’s single now.
“The BBC loves cross promotion - it’s what they did with Adam Thomas who’s also on Waterloo Road.
“Strictly really needs a strong year without any scandal and Jon would be ideal for that.”
Waterloo Road star Adam joined Strictly last year and reached week seven before he was axed pro Luba Mushtuk.
It comes after Jon split from his wife, fellow comic Lucy after nine years of marriage.
Jon and Lucy tied the knot in 2015 after two years of dating, and share one daughter Elsie Louise, seven.
It was later revealed that Jon agreed an eye-watering seven-figure payout to Lucy.
Lucy resigned from their company, This Guy at Night Limited, as director following the split.
Jon then paid her £1.625million for her shares in the company.
They also owned two properties together - a £1 million pad in Yorkshire and another £1 million flat in London.
Lucy recently admitted she feels "guilty" about opening up her private and family life to the extent she did.
"I don't regret anything. But equally, [over] this next stage I am very much keeping my personal life personal," she told The Sunday Times.
"I sometimes feel guilty that I talked about my daughter and my marriage, and my mum and my dad."

